Do You Have Questions About Your Rights?
I Have Answers.

Proven Advocacy For Injured Construction Workers

After an accidental injury at a construction site, the injured and their family members often face a daunting uphill battle. If you are in this situation, your first priority is your healing and ongoing physical recovery. Financial concerns go hand-in-hand with your medical needs. An attorney’s guidance can be as essential to your overall outcome as a doctor’s skillful care. Overall recovery after a serious or catastrophic workplace injury may involve the following challenges and losses:

  • Emergency medical evaluation and treatment
  • Ongoing medical care and therapy
  • Temporary or personal disabilities
  • Lost income
  • Difficulties that may last for months or years

I Am Ready To Guide You Through The Recovery Process

I am attorney Brad Crosta, an experienced lawyer with 40 years of experience and a strong track record that has included many notable results for Washingtonians affected by workplace injuries. I bring empathy along with extensive knowledge of the legal processes that can help injured workers and their families find relief through:

Frequently Asked Questions About Construction Accidents

If you have questions about your rights and other aspects of construction accidents, you’re not alone. Below are answers to common questions.

What is the most common type of construction accident?

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the most common accidents in construction work include:
  • Falls, whether from ladders, scaffolding, roofs or other heights
  • Equipment accidents involving vehicles or heavy machinery
  • Falling objects, which can cause serious injuries
  • Electrical injuries, including burns and electrocution

What sources of recovery do I have if I am injured?

If the accident happened at work, you’re entitled to workers’ compensation, regardless of who was at fault. Your benefits will depend on the nature and extent of your injuries.
If another party was at fault – that is, not your employer or a fellow employee – you may be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages not covered by workers’ comp, such as full wage replacement and pain and suffering. Other parties may include the general contractor, a subcontractor, the property owner, or the manufacturer or distributer of defective equipment.

What if I’m not able to return to my job?

Workers’ comp may provide benefits for retraining. You can also seek compensation for loss of future earnings. An attorney can help you explore your options.

What if I’m an undocumented worker?

You are entitled to benefits from workers’ compensation if you were injured on the job, regardless of your immigration status. You may also have the right to sue third parties whose negligence contributed to your injuries.

Can my employer fire me for filing a workers’ comp claim?

No. It is against the law for your employer to retaliate against you for pursuing workers’ compensation.

Let Me Get Your Case Underway

The sooner you have an attorney investigating your construction site injury case, the more opportunities there will be to maximize your overall financial recovery. Did you fall from a roof, fall when a defective ladder collapsed, fall from a height or suffer serious injuries caused by heavy equipment? Whatever the nature of your construction site accident, I am here to advocate zealously for you, backed by knowledge of laws, courts and procedures for pursuing all compensation that you are eligible for.

To schedule a free consultation, call 206-388-5651 or send an email inquiry to Crosta Law Office, PLLC, through this website for a prompt response.